Need advice? We are here to help. Call us on 0800 085 7995

free delivery on uk mainland orders over 50

CANNA Calmag Agent 1L

CANNA Calmag Agent 1L

Quick find: 4000086005

In stock

Be the first to review this product

  • Fewer deficiencies
  • Increase in nutrient uptake
  • Stronger plants
  • Stimulates better-quality flowers
  • Highly concentrated
  • Increases the EC of your water
  • Less nutrients required

Free Next Day Delivery


You can use this product to increase the EC of your soft water. It will harden your water to make sure your plant can grow strong and healthy.


What is good quality water?

The properties of water in the UK vary from region to region.
CANNA's products are made for an EC of 0.4.

What is the difference between soft/hard and/or bad water and what can you do about it?

Soft water has an EC level of below 0.4. With CANNA CALMAG AGENT you can raise your EC level to 0.4.

Normal water has an EC level between 0.4 and 0.7. It contains calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate to stabilise the pH. All CANNA products are designed to work best with this type of water.

Hard water (EC>0.8) contains more calcium and magnesium than the plant can handle. When you’re growing plants, the best way to treat this kind of water is to use a reverse osmosis filter and then mix your hard water with the R.O. water, until you reach an EC level of 0.4. Or, more easily, you can use 100% R.O. water and then use CANNA CALMAG AGENT to raise your EC level to 0.4.

Bad water (EC>0.8) contains mainly sodium and chloride. These two elements block the uptake of nutrients and can even become toxic to your plants. With a reverse osmosis filter, you can remove both these elements. But making a mixture of R.O. water and bad water will not bring in enough calcium and magnesium, only bicarbonate to stabilise the pH. Make a mixture of R.O water with the bad water until you reach an EC of 0.2 and then add CANNA CALMAG Agent to this water until you reach an EC level of 0.4, or use 100% R.O. water in combination with CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach EC level 0.4

How can you test the difference between hard water and bad water?

The best way to find out is to:

    ask your water supplier
    have your water analysed (done by an official laboratory)

You can also test the water yourself using an EC meter and 2 small tests based on colour indication. First, measure the EC to be sure it is not SOFT or NORMAL water:

    EC 0.0-0.3: the water is SOFT
    EC 0.4-0.7: the water is Normal

If the EC >0.8, continue with the TEST.

    A testing kit can be bought in an aquatic shop.
    Buy the kH and the gH bottles.
    If the gH (gemeinsame Hartheit = general hardness) < 8 (drops), the water is BAD

If the gH is > 8 continue with the TEST.

    kH (Kalzium Hartheit= calcium hardness) < 8, the water is also BAD.
    kH > 8, the water is HARD


Brand Canna
Cable Length 0

Reviews from feefo

There are no reviews yet

Your shopping basket has no items.

Write Your Own Review

You're reviewing: CANNA Calmag Agent 1L

*How do you rate this product?