Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Healthier, faster growing plants the natural way
- Easy to use
- (re)populates sterile media
- Add organic flavour to mineral feed grown plants
- Available in a range of sizes
Complete microbial solution to promote health of plants
Ecothrive’s biosys is an all-rounder in an instant microbial tea – it’s use will bring several benefits to your garden from stress relief to increasing root mass. Biosys includes a consortium of beneficial micro-organisms, each one bringing a separate benefit – this is the reason biosys is such a powerful product that can bring so many advantages to your garden.
As well as containing many species of micro-organisms, Biosys also contains ingredients to feed the microorganisms, reducing competition between the beneficial microorganisms and reducing the root exudates required to sustain the included microorganisms. The microorganisms form a symbiotic relationship with roots – the roots release a sugary, carbohydrate rich liquid that the microorganisms consume in return for their benefits:
Benefits of biosys:
>There’s a reason Biosys is used by competition growers – it grows champion fruit and veg.
>Enhances growth rates throughout all stages to promote stronger, healthier plants that can yield more come harvest time.
>Simple and easy to use, just add water at the correct dose and add to plants!
>Increase ‘reach’ of roots through hyphae – increase nutrient availability and drought resistance.
>Conditions substrate by breaking down complex organic matter into plant-available nutrients.
>Maintain a healthy rhizosphere with natural balance.
>quickly recover plants when they’ve been subjected to stress.
>Biosys is highly concentrated, so it enables you to quickly (re)populate your substrate with a diverse selection of beneficial organisms
Organisms used include:
8 Species of Endo mycorrhizal fungi: Mycorrhizae is increasingly being used in commercial applications to increase root mass.
8 Species of Bacillus: Bacillus is effective against a broad range of plant pathogens and has been reported as a plant growth promoter, a systemic resistance inducer, and used for production of a broad range of antimicrobial compounds (lipopeptides, antibiotics and enzymes)
2 Species of Nitrogen fixing bacteria: Convert nitrogen in the air into ammonia which is available to be up taken by the plant. Nitrogen fixing bacteria are able to produce a range of plant hormones as well that can aid in root and leaf development.
2 Species of Pseudomonas: Promote plant growth through activation of SARS and out-compete any bad bacteria / fungi.
2 Species of Trichoderma: Establish robust and long-lasting symbiotic relationship with roots. Expect increased crop productivity through better uptake and use of nutrients.
Benefits of biosys over normal tea brew:
Consistency & reliability: Every dose of Biosys has identical ingredients to the next, you can rest assured it will have the same results cycle after cycle. Home brewed teas heavily rely on the ingredients which can vary between batches.
No brewing – All other teas require the mix to be brewed for hours – Biosys can be used instantly!
Contains a consortium of different species of beneficial bacteria, with each strain carrying out a different function for the plant in a combined effect, you can be safe in the knowledge all species will have a beneficial affect on plants, with home-brew teas, a simple error such as not providing enough aeration can favour bad bacteria.
Incorporate to your usual nutrient regime – no changes required!
How to use Ecothrive Biosys
Biosys can be used with tap water but better results can be seen when used alongside reverse osmosis (R/O) water for two reasons; some of the species in biosys are not tolerant of fluorides which are often added to municipal water. It’s also not recommended to go above 1.5 EC when using biosys, so using R/O water will allow you to push plants harder by using that E.C for plant-usable elements rather than carbonates.
If you are using tap water, leave it to stand for 24hrs to allow the chlorine and fluorine time to evaporate. Letting water stand does not allow chloramides to evaporate - pretreat water with Ecothrive Neutralise to make the most out of biosys.
Biosys is fully water soluble but it’s recommended to pre-dilute the dose before adding to your reservoir; mix the dose for the entire tank to around a litre of water, mix and then add to your reservoir.
Do not use with disinfectants like Oxy plus & silver bullet – These products are wide acting and cannot tell the difference between good and bad bacteria. IF you’re having issues with root rot, you can sterilise the system before adding biosys – just make sure you’ve cleaned it with water first.
Biosys also makes plants less likely to contract disease at the root level; there’s only a limited amount of space in a substrate, fill it with good bacteria and there’s no space for the bad. Your army of good bacteria and fungi will out-compete bad organisms, making disease a lot less likely..
We recommend letting Biosys sit for between 15-30mins before application to allow the spores time to ‘wake up’ and become active.
Use Biosys to rebalance your substrate at week 7 after the PK push for a cleaner end product. Biosys will help the plant process the remaining nutrition before the flush.
Once in a solution, Biosys requires constant aeration and movement to stay effective – Don’t allow it to sit for longer than 24hrs
Biosys is perfect for use alongside Ecothrive Charge - Charge provides the nutrition while biosys helps process them into plant avilable forms - You'll notice the faster growth rate and improved taste of organics.
Ecothrive Biosys Applications and Dosage Rates
You can use ecothrive biosys in a number of ways, the rates of application depend on what you’re trying to achieve. As a rough guide:
Propagation of seedlings and cuttings
1g biosys per 1L nutrient solution
pre-soak plugs for atleast 15 mins.
Applying biosis right from the start will being it’s benefits right through the life-cycle of the plant.
Potting on / Planting up:
1g biosys per 1L nutrient solution make sure to wet substrate thoroughly.
When you bring new substrate into your garden, it’s been sterilized by the manufacturers to ensure there’s no nasties hiding in there – Add life to the substrate to get the most out of it.
Solid substrates (soil / coco / rockwool / clay balls):
0.5g biosys per 1L nutrient solution make sure to wet the substrate thoroughly until run-off.
Repeat weekly to ensure a constant high population.
Use with Plain water or half strength nutrients
Recirculating Hydroponics (NFT, DWC, Flood and Drain):
0.25g biosys per 1L nutrient solution
Repeat weekly to ensure a constant high population.
Keep tank changes regular; once every 7-10 days
Do not exceed 1.5 ec
Stress reliver and recovery:
1g biosys per 1L nutrient solution
Do not use with nutrients – water only.
Apply twice within 5 days for best effect.
Outdoor use (raised beds, open soil, allotments:
1g biosys per 1L nutrient solution
inoculation: apply 10L over 5m2 of soil
Maintenance: Apply 10L over 10m2 of soil
Repeat every 4 weeks to ensure healthy populations
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com