Plagron Mega Worm Castings
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- High nitrogen
- Does not burn plants
- Used at any stage of growth
- Range of sizes
What Are Plagron Mega Worm Castings?
Plagron Mega Worm Castings are an organic growth stimulator, perfect for anyone who wants to garden organically. Worm castings boost the nitrogen levels in the soil, promoting vigorous plant growth. Since worm castings are organic, they can be used at any time during the growth cycle.
Plagron Mega Worm is a natural soil improver based on composted plant remains, composted using worms. It creates optimal balance in the soil so the plant can grow and flower profusely. Mega Worm has a very high organic content: it contains a quantity of trace elements, enzymes and minerals like Mycorrhiza and Trichoderma, which protect and feed the plant.
Plagron Mega Worm Castings are available as a 1L tub, 5L tub or 25L bag.
How Are Plagron Mega Worm Castings Created?
Worm castings are a totally natural by-product of worms digesting organic matter. Plagron Mega Worm is 100% Worm castings from the earth worm: Dendrobaena Veneta.
Worms have a voracious appetite for organic matter. They consume a wide range of materials such as kitchen scraps, garden waste, tree leaves paper, and cardboard. The worms ingest the organic matter, breaking it down into smaller particles in their gizzard.
Once the organic matter is in the worm's digestive system, it passes through the crop and into the gizzard. In the gizzard, muscular contractions and the presence of tiny rocks or grit help grind the material into smaller pieces. This grinding action exposes a greater surface area of the organic matter, making it easier for microorganisms to break it down further.
As the partially digested organic matter moves through the worm's intestine, it encounters a rich microbial environment. The organic matter mixes with the worm's digestive juices and undergoes further breakdown through microbial activity. The microorganisms, including bacteria and fungi, help break down complex organic compounds into simpler forms.
How Do I Use Plagron Mega Worm Castings?
You can use worm castings to refresh used soil, mixing between 10% and 20% by volume to reinvigorate the soil with essential elements and minerals.
Worm castings can also be made into a tea which can be fed to plants and helps integrate beneficial bacteria into your substrate. Worm Tea can be used with the Kratky method of hydroponics.
Use Plagron Mega Worm at the following rates:
- Outside, use 1-litre of Mega Worm per 3 – 5 m2.
- Potting soil: 1 – 2 litres of Mega Worm per 10 litres of potting soil (1:10 or 2:10 – 1 to 2 parts Plagron Mega Worm to 10 parts potting compost/soil)
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org