unidrain System - Drip & Drain
- Feed calibrated volumes for consistent results
- Minimise root rot
- Fully automated calibrated feed and waste or waste-only management system
- Standard and large sizes available
- Low power use
- 100% flexible and scalable
- Consistent results
What is the unidrain System?
unidrain makes growing huge plants really easy. It manages all the feeding cycles and deals with the waste. It's a low power, no fuss system that takes most of the effort out of growing plants in your indoor garden.
unidrain System Overview
In it's simplest form, unidrain is a low-power, professional automated drip and drain feeding system with run-to-waste management. It uses large floor stands with 16-litre fabric Air Pruner pots. Calibrated button compensating drippers feed the pots using nutrients, pumped direct from the reservoir.
The unidrain system includes:
- Floor stands with a 16-litre fabric Air Pruner pots
- Automated feeding via:
- Reservoir pump
- Pressurised feed lines
- Calibrated button compensating drippers and stakes
- Automated waste management
unidrain uses floor stands with 16-litre fabric Air Pruner pots. The fabric Air Pruner pots aid superior drainage and oxygen access for gaseous exchange, vastly improving root development, giving superior performance.
Calibrated Feeding and Known Runoff Quantity
unidrain uses pressurised feeding lines to feed your plants using nutrients, pumped direct from the reservoir. The feed lines are connected to calibrated button compensating drippers, located in the fabric pots. unidrain uses a feed duration timer to set the amount of feed you give to your plants. Using time to feed a known quantity of feed allows you to calibrate how much you give your plants to achieve a known quantity of runoff.
Floor Stands are joined together using flexible pipework that guides the waste to a unidrain System Brain. The System Brain collects and monitors waste levels, then automatically pumps the waste away using float switches and delay timers.
Modular System - unidrain is Easy to Scale Up Or Down
unidrain is modular, so it's really easy to scale up (or down). The floor stands and connecting pipework are all interchangeable. This means you can easily add or remove floor stands and dripper lines to suit your changing needs.
unidrain and unidrain Away systems come in handy sets for different sized grow tents or larger, horticultural grow rooms:
The unidrain system is for you if you want to:
- Save time and effort
- Improve consistency
- Grow larger plants with increased yields
- Automate the feeding and waste management for your indoor garden
- Avoid mineral build up
- Minimise issues with root rot
Perfect For Hand Feeding or Full Automation
No matter how you want to feed your plants, unidrain has a management system for you.
If you want an easy to use, straight forward, calibrated feed and waste management system, use: unidrain or unidrain+.
NOTE: The "+" in the unidrain+ means it's for larger fabric Air Pruner pots, up to 32-litres. Standard size systems: unidrain use fabric Air Pruner pots, up to 16-litres.
unidrain comprises of two parts, fulfilling different functions:
- 1. An automated calibrated drip-feeding system - allows you to feed a set amount of nutrient solution at set times.
- 2. An automated waste system - it collects the waste from the floor stands and removes it for you.
When you combine automated, timed feeding with waste management, you get the perfect labour-saving system! unidrain works to maintain the calibrated feed cycle you want it to. It also automatically deals with the spent nutrients that wash out of the fabric Air Pruner pots. This all goes toward helping you grow massive plants!
Feed and Waste Management or Waste Management Only - Hand Feeding with unidrain Away
If you're happy hand feeding your plants, use unidrain Away to manage the waste side of your indoor garden. Using unidrain Away brings you the perfect automatic waste management system. It'll give you more time to concentrate on other things. unidrain Away utilises the unidrain Floor Stands with fabric Air Pruner pots and connects them to a unidrain System Brain. This is a great starting point if you're gardening on a budget.
The modular nature of unidrain means you can easily scale up (or down). unidrain is flexible and allows you to add (or take away) the calibrated feeding side of the system later. Expanding the system is simple by adding more floor stands and pots as you go. Your only limitation is space!
Garden tip: Using the complete unidrain calibrated feed and waste management system will give you the best results.
Automate and Calibrate Feeding to Grow Better Plants
The ability to automate and calibrate the feed you give your plants is massive! This professional drip feeding system means you can tailor the nutrients you give to your plants to suit their stage of growth.
Automated Feed Timer
unidrain uses a feed timer to activate the pump in the nutrient reservoir. This feeds your plants a known volume of nutrients at set times, direct to the base of the plant. Using the unidrain system offers you a fully automated feeding solution.
Calibrated Feeding - Get It Right Every Time
unidrain combines a segmented feed timer with feed duration timer to trigger the feed pump for a pre-set period of time. This allows you to calibrate your runoff for the best results. The feed pump is used to pressurise the feed lines to 1 bar. Using calibrated Pressure Compensating Buttons (PCBs) and Dripper stakes works to feed your plants a set amount of feed every time.
Garden tip: The PCBs are calibrated to work under a minimum pressure (1 Bar). The PCBs allow a certain volume of nutrient solution through, which is measured over a set period of time in litres per hour (l/h).
Fabric Air Pruner Pots for the Perfect Root Zone
Supplied fabric Air Pruner pots sit on the unidrain floor stands with your choice of media. The free-draining nature of Air Pruner pots and the floor stands design, guides any runoff away to the System Brain.
Why Should I feed Fresh Nutrients Every Time?
Hungry plants strip the nutrient solution, leading to nutrient deficiencies. This is why we don’t recommend recirculating your nutrients. By feeding a fresh, known nutrient solution every time, you can be sure you’re giving your plants everything they need for strong, healthy growth!
Regularly Flushing Media to Avoid Salt Build Up
As you'll be feeding calibrated volumes of feed to achieve 20% runoff, you'll regularly flushing the media. Flushing helps to avoid salt build up and issues like nutrient lockout.
Using the automated unidrain run-to-waste system to feed your plants provides you with a consistent, controlled dose of fresh nutrients every time.
Minimise Root Rot
Using the floor stands to guide runoff away from your pots allows for proper drainage. This avoids pots sitting in nutrient solution, which helps you to avoid salt build ups and issues associated with root rot. It's important to allow the media to drain properly. Roots need access to air as well as nutrients and water.
Automated Feed and Waste System - The Easy Life
unidrain's automated feed and waste system makes your life easier. It gives you more time for other jobs and it’s cleaner. With unidrain, there's no need for manual labour. You can relax and let the timed, integrated feed and waste pumps do the bulk of the feeding and disposal of runoff for you.
Once you calibrate the feed times, all you’re left to do is maintain the nutrient reservoir - it really is that simple!
How much room Do I Need For a unidrain System?
Measure the space you intend to install the unidrain system to make sure you have enough room.
unidrain is available as automated feed and waste management system. unidrain Away is available as a waste management only system. unidrain Away systems offer an automated solution for anyone hand feeding pots. It works to manage your runoff (waste nutrient). Both types of unidrain system are available in two sizes:
- unidrain & unidrain Away (standard size)
- unidrain+ & unidrain + Away (large size)
unidrain System Sizes
To understand the area you'll need for your unidrain or unidrain Away system: 4x unidrain stands are suitable for a 1m2 to 1.2m2 area. This would be perfect for a 1.2 x 1.2-metre grow tent.
unidrain+ System Sizes
To understand the area you'll need for your unidrain+ and unidrain+ Away system: 4x unidrain+ floor stands are suitable for a 1.2m2 to 2.4m2 area. This would be perfect for a 1.2 x 2.4-metre grow tent.
|unidrain System Size Requirements
|No. of Pots
|1.2m x 1.2m
|1.2m x 2.4m
|2m x 2m
|2.4m x 2.4m
|2.4m x 3.6m
|3.6m x 3.6m
What Do I Get With My unidrain System?
The following table highlights what you get get with your new unidrain system. Measure the space you intend to install the unidrain system in, to make sure you have enough room.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service
|Two Day Service
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com