Westland Sulphate of Iron - Ericaceous Plant Food 1.5kg
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Ready to use granules
- Strong root growth
- Richer, green foliage
- Acidifies the root zone
- Prevents leaf yellowing
- Contains iron
What is Westland Sulphate of Iron?
Westland Sulphate of Iron is ideal for acidifying your soils pH to suit any Ericaceous or acid-loving plants. It also contains immediately available Iron to promote plant growth.
How Does Westland Sulphate of Iron - Ericaceous Plant Food Benefit My Plants?
Sulphate of iron acidifies your soil, enabling special acid-loving plants to take up the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development.
For these specialist, acid loving plants, if the soil pH becomes too alkaline, they suffer severe deficiencies. Acid loving plants require a lower pH soil to access the nutrients they need. Sulphate of iron lowers the soil pH (acidifies it) and unlocks the nutrients from the soil to your acid loving plants. It works best for rhododendrons, camellias, azaleas and hydrangeas, as well as for acid loving fruits, such as blueberries.
Sulphate of Iron helps to create the right conditions for healthy plant growth, keeping leaves green and healthy and preventing leaf yellowing.
How Do I Use Westland Sulphate of Iron?
For comparison purposes, while you're out in the garden: one handful of garden lime soil conditioner is about 35g (1 ¼ oz). Sulphate of Iron can be applied every 4-6 weeks during the growing season from March to the end of August. Granules should be worked into the soil. During dry weather, water thoroughly before and after application.
For best results: When planting out your acid-loving trees and shrubs, use a dedicated compost.
Garden tip: Signs of iron deficiency can manifest with as chlorosis (yellowing) in the newest plant growth.
Trees and Shrubs
Apply 35g/sq.m (1¼ oz/sq.yd) around the base of established plants. Gently fork into the soil surface without disturbing the plant roots. Or alternatively, sprinkle the product over the soil surface, around the stem of the plant and water thoroughly.
When planting out apply 35g/sq.m (1¼ oz/sq. yd) to the bottom of the planting hole and mix well with the soil or compost when refilling the hole.
Apply 35g/sq.m (1¼ oz/sq.yd) on the soil surface and fork in. Take care that the granules do not touch the plant leaves or stems. Water in well after application.
The following is general advice to follow to cover plant health, safety advice and storing the product. Always follow the instructions and safety advice on the product package:
WARNING: Causes serious eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation.
Contains >97% w/w iron (II) Sulphate Heptahydrate.
- To be used only where there is a recognised need
- Do not exceed the appropriate application rate - increasing the dosage may result in damage to your plants
- Apply evenly around plants and avoid drift onto foliage or plant stems
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from children, pets and foodstuff
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use.
- Wearing gloves and protective clothing are recommended when handling this product
- Keep out of reach of children
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service
|Two Day Service
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com