Xtreme Gardening CalCarb
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Enhances a plant's Carbon Dioxide Intake
- Feeds calcium in a plant available form
- Strengthen Cell Walls
- Stress Reduction and Plant Rescue
- Can prevent powdery mildew and blossom end rot
- Great for any species of plant including vegetables, fruit, herbs, and flowers
- Available in 3oz (85g) / 6oz (170g)
What Is Xtreme Gardening CalCarb?
CalCarb is an easy to use foliar spray. It utilizes a nanotechnology, which processes the main compounds to such a fine size that your plants can absorb the solution via their foliage. Once inside the cell walls, CalCarb releases calcium and plant-usable carbon dioxide. This works to increase photosynthesis levels by 3x.
CalCarb is the latest product in the Xtreme Gardening range of organic products. It’s a formulation of calcium and carbon in an unstable form that releases CO2 exactly where it’s needed at plant stomata and provides the plant with two of the nine macro nutrients required for proper plant nutrition; Carbon and Calcium.
Both calcium and carbon are critical to plant development. Calcium is generally supplied through the soil and carbon enters the plant as carbon dioxide which is necessary for photosynthesis to occur. CalCarb is a unique form of a simple and very common compound that contains both calcium and carbon. Calcium carbonate or CaCO3 is used in agriculture throughout most of the world to adjust soil pH levels. But CalCarb is an unusual form of calcium carbonate that is highly unstable, converting to calcium oxide (CaO) and carbon dioxide (CO2) rapidly when applied to the foliage.
These unique phenomena increases calcium availability to plants through the foliage, but more importantly, the CO2 levels directly outside and inside the stomata can rise threefold which is near the optimum for photosynthesis efficiency. CalCarb is currently the only product that you apply to the surface of plants for an increased CO2 levels.
CalCarb works as a Stress Reducer and Plant Rescuer - Forget to water? Didn't remember to bring that tender houseplant in before the first cold snap? If it is not too far gone, treat it with CalCarb and you may be able to rescue it. CalCarb helps in recovery by increasing photosynthesis in the foliage that is not too seriously damaged and by raising the surface pH of damaged foliage which deters airborne pathogens form taking advantage of the weakened cellular tissue.
Calcarb has a modulating effect on the pH at the leaf surface – increasing the pH to basic (alkaline) conditions under which powdery mildew cannot take hold. Regular application may Prevent End-Rot on fruiting varieties and Powdery Mildew from colonising leaf surfaces.
Calcarb is the only CO2 plant supplement that can be used outdoors due to the proximity to the stomata – the tiny openings in leaves part of the plant that actively uses CO2. Calcarb can enter the stomata where it releases CO2 and calcium.
How Do I Use CalCarb?
You simply dissolve one teaspoon per litre of water, mix well and decant into a sprayer. You then apply the spray to the underside of leaves. CalCarb is best suited for vegetative growth but can be used during flower by using short sharp, targeted bursts of spray – being extremely careful to avoid flowers as any spray onto flowers or fruit increases the chances of disease taking hold.
While the residue that’s left on the plant may look visually unappealing, it has lasting benefits for the plant, plant health and increased growth. You can wash CalCarb off, but the lasting benefits will be washed off too. The Xtreme Gardening team advise leaving it on for at least 36 hours after application.
Do not use Calcarb with other sprays nutrients/washes/pesticides for 36hrs after application as the active ingredients are only effective when mixed with water
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org