Green Protect Fruit Fly Trap
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Eco-friendly flying insect trap
- Insecticide free monitoring device
- Apple-shaped trap blends into fruit bowls
- Each strip (mm): 145 (H) x 100 (W) x 50 (D)
What are the Green Protect Fruit Fly Traps?
The Fruit Fly Trap is designed for use in your home, conservatories, caravans, outdoor rooms and offices. They are suitable for use year-round, they're simple and user friendly. Once deployed, they remain effective for up to 4 weeks.
The attractant is eco-friendly and insecticide-free. This handy monitoring device blends in to your home and alerts you to the presence of fruit fly infestations.
What are the Green Protect Fruit Fly Trap?
The Green Protect Fruit Fly Trap is a discreet apple shaped trap that you can place in or near your fruit bowls. They are simple to position and help you to avoid fruit fly infestations without the use of insecticides.
Each pack contains 1x Apple trap and 15 ml of attractant. The trap is apple-shaped and measures:
- 145 (H) x 100 (W) x 50 (D) mm
How Do I use Green Protect Fruit Fly Trap?
The Green Protect Fruit Fly Trap is simple to use and place in or near your fruit bowl or waste food bins. These handy traps cover you for anywhere you may have issues with fruit flies. The sticky attractant is made with non-toxic, eco-friendly materials that attract fruit flies (and other flying insects) to land on them. Once the flies enter the trap, they can't get out to fly around your house - annoying you or infecting your food.
Garden tip: Use the Fruit Fly Traps anywhere that is protected from the elements: indoors, within your home, conservatories and greenhouses etc.
- 1. Open the top of the apple-shaped trap.
- 2. Carefully empty the entire contents of the attractant bottle in the trap.
- 3. Gently press the down on the lid, leaving it slightly open to allow flies to access the trap.
- 4. Regularly check the trap for fruit flies.
What Do I Need to Do If I have a Fruit Fly Infestation?
In the event of catching fruit flies, locate the problem and implement control measures (see below).
Lifecycle of a Fruit Fly
Fruit flies are a common insect problem in many homes. They are attracted by maturing or decomposing fruit and vegetables as well as empty open bottles and food containers. Fruit flies have rapid lifecycles (6-10 days) and soon proliferate to infestation levels from egg to adult.
Adult fruit flies can lay up to 25 eggs per day. When eggs hatch, they look for a food source that they'll feed on and pupate within. After a few days they are fully developed and emerge ready to lay their own eggs, adding to your infestation.
Preventing and Controlling Fruit Fly Infestations
Using the Green Protect Fruit Fly Trap allows you to detect the presence of Fruit Flies. If you are concerned about the amount of Fruit Flies you are trapping, you my need to implement measures to remove the problem. Don't panic, there are several simple, eco-friendly methods available to you:
- 1. Clean the problem area with a mild cleaning agent and maintain cleanliness in the area.
- 2. Remove food sources, ensure that liquids and foods are removed from the area of treatment.
- 3. Empty waste daily and clean and spilt liquids and foods.
- 4. Dispose of any food containing the fruit fly larvae and eggs.
How Long Are Green Protect Fruit Fly Traps Effective For?
Green Protect Fruit Fly attractant remains effective for up to 4 weeks.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service
|Two Day Service
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com