Spidex Predator Mites
- Natural, organic method of spider mite control
- Targets the two-spotted spider mite
- Will migrate off your crop once they've done their job
Please Note: All our biological pest control options are special order items since they are alive and would rapidly loose effectivity if stored for longer than a few days. Due to this, Predators are ordered specially for you from the manufacturer so there is a slower delivery on this item with an average lead time of 7 days.
What Are Spidex Predator Mites?
Spidex Predator Mites is a Spider Mite predator larvae product aimed at attacking spider mite infestations.
Spider Mite nymphs (young) and adults feed on plant cells, removing chlorophyll, which is necessary for the plant to maintain proper metabolic processes. Yellowing of the leaf will occur in smaller infestations, while plants may die in the worst cases.
Predator Mites are the natural enemy of spider mites. They feed on spider mites, reducing numbers until all mites are killed, at which point the predatory mites migrate off the plant.
What Do Spidex Predator Mites Target?
Spidex Predator Mites target the common two spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae). They attack all stages, but prefer the younger mites.
The predatory mite can only survive on two spotted spider mites (Tetranychus spp.).
- Turn and shake the bottle gently before use
- Sprinkle material on leaves or pour into application boxes (DIBOX)
- In low crops, it is possible to distribute SPIDEX mechanically by means of the AIRBUG mite blower
Relative humidity should be greater than 75% and the temperature above 20°C/68°F for some hours of the day. Phytoseiulus persimilis does not enter diapause.
Unit of packaging
Phytoseiulus persimilis (predatory mite)
Pack size: 100 ml or 500 ml bottle with dosage-plug
Contains: 2,000 or 10,000 adults mixed with wood-chips
Storage and handling
Biological Beneficial’s have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark (bottle horizontally)
- Adults: bright red, very active, spherical, stands high on its legs
- Eggs: oblong, first pink and transparent, later darker, twice as big as spider mite eggs
- Larvae/nymphs: pale to light red
Mode of action
Adult predatory mites and nymphs search actively for their prey and suck them dry.
Adult red spider mites that have been eaten change colour from brown to black (in tomato) and can be identified as tiny black dots on the leaves. This should not be confused with living, light-brown to dark-red spider mites.
|curative heavy||20-50/m²||40-100||7||2x||introduce in infested areas only|
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com