Spidex Predator Mites
- Natural, organic method of spider mite control.
- Targets the two-spotted spider mite.
- Will migrate off your crop once they've done their job.
Please Note: All our biological pest control options are special order items since they are alive and would rapidly loose effectivity if stored for longer than a few days. Due to this, Predators are ordered specially for you from the manufacturer so there is a slower delivery on this item with an average lead time of 7 days.
Spider Mite larvae, nymphs and adults feed on plant cells, removing chlorophyll which is necessary for the plant to maintain proper metabolic processes. Yellowing of the leaf will occur in smaller infestations, while plants may die in the worst cases.
Predator Mites are the natural enemy of spider mites. They feed on spider mites, reducing numbers until all mites are killed at which point the predatory mites migrate off the plant.
Two spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae). All stages, preferring younger stages.
The predatory mite can only survive on two spotted spider mites (Tetranychus spp.).
- Turn and shake the bottle gently before use
- Sprinkle material on leaves or pour into application boxes (DIBOX)
- In low crops, it is possible to distribute SPIDEX mechanically by means of the AIRBUG mite blower
Relative humidity should be greater than 75% and the temperature above 20°C/68°F for some hours of the day. Phytoseiulus persimilis does not enter diapause.
Unit of packaging
Phytoseiulus persimilis (predatory mite)
Pack size: 100 ml or 500 ml bottle with dosage-plug
Contains: 2,000 or 10,000 adults mixed with wood-chips
Storage and handling
Biological Beneficial’s have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark (bottle horizontally)
- Adults: bright red, very active, spherical, stands high on its legs
- Eggs: oblong, first pink and transparent, later darker, twice as big as spider mite eggs
- Larvae/nymphs: pale to light red
Mode of action
Adult predatory mites and nymphs search actively for their prey and suck them dry.
Adult red spider mites that have been eaten change colour from brown to black (in tomato) and can be identified as tiny black dots on the leaves. This should not be confused with living, light-brown to dark-red spider mites.
|curative heavy||20-50/m²||40-100||7||2x||introduce in infested areas only|