Gro-Sure Vermiculite 10 Litre
- Helps compost hold onto vital plant nutrients
- Increase compost water retaining capacity
- Used as a seed covering, it insulates against damaging temperatures and humidity changes
- Helps to lighten and encourage more airspace in homemade composts
- Helps to avoid compaction
- Perfect for growing from seeds
What Is Gro-Sure Vermiculite?
Gro-Sure Vermiculite is ideal for helping to grow seeds. It's suitable for indoor and outdoor plants. It helps to absorb nutrients for your plant's roots to access, preventing them from being washed out.
Vermiculite is a naturally forming mineral, extracted from mines. The natural laminar structure allows the material to expand up to 30 times its size during heating. The natural shape, once heated, gives excellent insulation, drainage and aeration properties.
Vermiculite helps to retain moisture and as well as nutrients. It also provides insulation for healthy seed germination.
Why use Vermicuite?
Gro-Sure Vermiculite encourages a high moisture environment that seedlings need for normal development.
Gardeners all over the world use vermiculite to help improve germination and early development. Improved nutrient retention and distribution is another reason to add it to your chosen media i.e. coco/compost.
Where to use Gro-Sure Vermiculite?
Mixed with your chosen potting medium, Vermiculite helps to absorb nutrients and make them available to your developing seedlings. Vermiculite helps to keep the media light and maintains high moisture with air pockets, allowing more air and water to reach the roots. Vermiculite improves nutrient uptake, promoting plant health and explosive growth. Gro-Sure vermiculite is easy and safe to handle, odourless, lightweight and simple to use.
How much Vermiculite Do I Need to Use?
Either use 100% Vermiculite to sow seeds into, or use it to make up around 10-50% of the total volume of potting mix. Add 10-20% Vermiculite if you want better water retention and don't plan on using a lot of extra nutrients.
When sowing seeds always following the directions on the seed packet.
Seeds of all sizes can be raised in just Gro-Sure Vermiculite.
Alternatively seeds can be raised in a 50:50 mix of a seed compost, such as Biochar Carbon Gold Seed Compost and Gro-Sure Vermiculite. This is particularly beneficial for very small seeds. Sow seeds thinly and evenly, making sure they are not too deep in the compost. Cover seed trays with a thin layer of Gro-Sure Vermiculite and gently moisten. Avoid over-firming.
When seedlings are large enough to handle, remove from seed trays with a dibber or pencil.
Plant into a Seed & Cutting Compost or a mixture of this compost with 25% to 30% of Gro-Sure Vermiculite. Space seedlings well apart to allow for strong growth. Water regularly to avoid compost from drying out until seedlings are ready to be potted on.
Use a mix of an All Purpose Compost with 25% to 30% Gro-Sure Vermiculite. This creates a light and very open structure enabling compost to absorb and retain moisture for easier re-wetting.
Before transplanting plants from pots to containers, we recommend watering the plant well and allowing to drain. Remove plants from their pots and place into the container, firming compost around the plant roots. Once the container is fully planted, water well and feed as appropriate.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service
|Two Day Service
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org