Optilux 315w CMH/CDM Grow Light Lamps
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Full spectrum lighting
- Uses less electric to produce more light
- Extremely high PAR values
- Noticeably better quality end results
- Red 3k 930 and a blue 4k 942 available
- 1-year manufacturers guarantee
What Are Optilux 315W CMH/CDM Grow Light Lamps
Optilux 315W CMH/CDM Grow Light Lamps are the latest technology for HID Grow Lamp Lighting
All Round HID Grow Lamp – Red 3K Spectrum
The Red 3k grow lamp is perfect for all round growth and producing profuse, abundant flower sets. It produces 580 μmol of Par or 37000 Lumens.
Vegetative HID Grow Lamp – Blue 4K Spectrum
The Blue 4k grow lamp is suited for vegetative growth and supplementing HPS lights. It produces 540μmol of PAR or 33000 Lumens.
These grow lights are perfect to cover a 1 x 1-metre footprint, CMH lighting is more efficient while creating a fuller spectrum of light than traditional plant lighting. While the initial cost is a bit more than HID fixtures, the benefits are noticeable in terms of the end yield quality and quantity.
There are two main things to consider when purchasing a light: Intensity and spectrum. If light were Human food, Intensity can be compared with the amount of food, whilst the spectrum is like how healthy the food is. Lighting that outputs a narrow spectrum but with a high intensity (like traditional HPS lights) is like eating a load of fast food – It will sustain you, but it’s not very healthy. CMH lighting is like a very balanced diet for your plants.
Both types of bulbs are extremely close to sunlight, with a near full spectrum, clear, crisp white light. The red bulb has a CRI of around 93 while the blue bulb has a CRI of 97. This denotes how close they are to sunlight, with full spectrum sunlight having a CRI of 100. Traditional HPS lamps have a CRI of below 30 because they mostly produce red, orange and yellow hues from the spectrum.
Ceramic metal halide bulbs use a different mix of metallic salts and halides than normal metal halide lamps, which could corrode the arc tube if it was made from quartz or PCA. For this reason, the arc tube in CMH lamps is manufactured from ceramic which can withstand this new, innovative mix of compounds.
The salts and halides are in the perfect ratio to create a much fuller spectrum than traditional HID lighting, and the curve is much more continuous than LEDs, since LED grow lights often only output particular colours, with COB LED’s being an exception.
As well as the much fuller spectrum, CMH lighting has the added benefit of being super-efficient; producing many more photons per watt of electricity consumed than traditional HID fixtures. This means an increased yield for less expenditure on your electric bill.
Since CMH are dedicated horticultural bulbs, they have been designed with plant growth in mind. Not only is there a high output per watt in the PAR spectrum (photosynthetically active radiation) but there’s a significant UV output too, which is particularly useful for fruiting annuals that have evolved at high altitude as they are used to UV light in their natural environment. Expect Increased flavonoid and terpene production in aromatic plant species.
How Do I Use The Optilux 315 W CMH Grow Lamps?
Bed the feet of the lamp into the holes on the lampholder on the reflector, making sure the holes line up. Once the feet are in the holes, twist the lamp clockwise until it no longer turns, the fixture is then ready to grow!
315W CMH lamps should only be powered by ballasts designed for them that used low frequencies.
Never touch bulbs with your bare hands, use a cloth or gloves to protect the glass from oils and residues which can cause damage to the lamp or reduce its efficiency.
Optilux 315W grow lamps have a PGZ fitting rather than the traditional E40 – You’ll need a reflector designed for use with 315W bulbs or purchase an adapter.
When you first fire-up your fixture, you need to allow it to run continuously for a minimum of 15 minutes to allow the metals and salts to properly fuse. If this is not followed, the lamp may fail.
CMH lamps take a lot longer before the efficiency starts to degrade when compared with traditional HID lighting. We recommend regularly replacing bulbs to maintain the efficiency of your garden.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org