Thompson & Morgan Shirley F1 Hybrid Tomato Seeds
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Easy to grow in pots and grow bags
- Exhibitors favourite
- Famous for growing in cold or slightly heated greenhouses
- Likes sun
- Great flavour
- Perfect for kitchen gardens & greenhouses
WHAT ARE THOMPSON & MORGAN SHIRLEY F1 HYBRID TOMATO SEEDS?
Thompson & Morgan Shirley F1 Hybrid Tomatoes are an exhibitors' favourite. Shirley Tomatoes remain one of the most famous for cultivating in cold or slightly heated greenhouses. This early-maturing tomato has earned a reputation for its heavy crops of top-quality fruit. Tomato 'Shirley' also delivers excellent disease resistance to Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Cladosporium ABC and Fusarium. With an open, indeterminate habit, this tomato variety will excel in grow bags as a greenhouse cordon. You can expect heights of 200 cm (79") and a spread of 50 cm (20").
HOW DO I SOW THOMPSON & MORGAN TOMATO SHIRLEY F1 HYBRID SEEDS?
Sow indoors from February to March. Sow outside from March to April:
- Sow seeds on the surface of a good, free-draining, damp, seed compost and cover with a fine sprinkling of compost or vermiculite.
- Place seed trays in a propagator at a constant temperature of around 15-20C (59-68F) until germination occurs. This should take 7–14 days.
- When seedlings gain 2 true leaves, transplant into individual 33cl (9 cm) plant pots of compost and grow on at a minimum temperature of 15C (59F).
When growing in a glasshouse, transplant tomato plants at the end of May or when the first flowers are showing, if earlier. Allow 3 plants per growbag, or one per 28.5 cm (10l) pot, or plant tomatoes directly into the greenhouse soil.
When growing tomatoes outdoors, wait until all risk of frost has passed before transplanting. Gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions over 7–10 days before planting out from early June when tomato plants are 20 cm (8") tall.
Choose a sheltered position in full sun on fertile, reliably moist, well drained soil, and transplant at a distance of 60 cm (24") apart. Drive a (5') cane into the soil adjacent to each plant to support them as they grow, and tie each main stem to its support with soft garden twine.
Garden Tip: Water your tomato plants frequently to keep the compost moist. Feed them regularly with a high potash plant food once the first fruit truss has formed. You can harvest tomatoes as they ripen between July to October.
Garden Tip: Tie the main stems to supports and remove any side shoots that develop between the primary and leaf stems. Once the plant has 6 or 7 trusses, pinch out the top of the main stem. This increases the availability of light and air movement, focusing the plant's energy on producing high-quality tomatoes.
|Thompson & Morgan
|Fruit & Vegetable Seeds
|Fruit & Vegetable Seeds
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service
|Two Day Service
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com