Xtreme Gardening Mykos
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Up to 300% increase in Biomass.
- Increases the plants ‘reach’ for water and nutrients.
- Helps metabolize nutrients into forms the plant can use.
- Super aggressive, high yielding strain of mycorrhizae.
- Faster, healthier plant growth.
- Supplied in a range of options for any type of system.
What Is Xtreme Gardening Mykos?
Xtreme Gardening Mykos is a fast-acting friendly, Mycorrhizae fungus, that attaches to plants roots, creating a symbiotic relationship. Mycorrhizae creates a "sponge-like" mass which collects and stores nutrients and water. This fibrous mass works to extend the reach of the root network. It works to pass the plant water and nutrients from a larger volume of substrate.
Mychorizae are also able to break own, cycle and retain nutrients from the substrate. They work to make nutrients available in forms the plant can easily up-take. Without Mykos, the nutrients would otherwise remain ‘locked out’ and unavailable to your plants.
Which Beneficial Organisms Does Xtreme Gardening Mykos Use?
Xtreme Gardening products contain a single species of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi: Rhizophagus intraradices, formerly known as Glomus intraradices. Mykos doesn't contain any other microbes such as Trichoderma or Ecto-mycorrhizae as there is only a limited amount of space in the root zone for beneficial organisms. Instead, it uses one or two specific species of beneficial organisms to reduce the amount of interspecies competition. This means you can be certain that the strain of beneficial organisms you're putting in the soil will colonize the substrate.
Benefits Of A Simplified Approach To Beneficial Organisms
In some mixed-population beneficial bacteria products that there is competition between species and only one or two of the included blend of types colonises the substrate. The substrate is a physically limited space with limited food available for microorganisms. Once the space has been colonised, there’s no room for more species – by using only one species with known beneficial effects, you can be sure you’ll see a boost in the growth of your plants.
Mykos is an endo mycorrihizal product which has been proven to have positive effects on the yield and quality of 93% of common plants, including all species of vegetables, fruits, flowers and herbs. Endomycorrhiza are superior to Ectomycorrhizae because they physically attach to the root tips, allowing for direct transportation of nutrients, water and carbohydrates between the plant and fungus.
The folks at Xtreme know the benefits mycorrhizae brings to any type of garden, whatever the system. They’ve developed a range of dosing options, so you can bring nature back into your garden whatever system your using. All types are the same type of mycorrhizae but with different routes of application to provide a better chance of inoculation depending on the substrate or system type.
What Form Is Mykos Offered In?
Normal mykos is supplied in a granulated form. Under a microscope, the granules have a cup shape, which allows the inoculated fungi to survive transportation and storage over a long period of time. Granulated mykos works well during transplant in soil and coco, but it’s not great in any type of hydroponic system.
Mykos Wettable Powder
Xtreme Gardening have developed their Mykos wettable powder for hydroponic gardeners who still want all the great benefits of mykos in a package that can be used with water alone. Mykos WP completely dissolves when added to water, so you can add it to any reservoir and see the results.
Mykos Root Packs
Root packs are perfect for use in systems that use clay balls as Mykos wettable powder may not stay in contact with the roots for long enough to colonise them in certain systems where there is a strong or regular flow of water. Ebb and flow systems are one such example, but root packs can also be placed under rockwool cubes in other systems like NFT. The roots of plants grow through the pack where they come into contact with the mycorrhizae spores, creating the symbiotic, beneficial relationship, without the mykos washing away.
Mykos helps new plantings, reducing transplant shock by stimulating root growth and making more nutrients available. Mykos forms hyphae which increase the root mass resulting in more absorption of nutrients and moisture. The fungal network can transport nutrients over large distances and deliver them directly into the root cell. Plants supply Mykos with energy in the form of carbohydrates that are produced during photosynthesis. Individual plants are connected with other plants through this mycorrhizal network, and can share nutrients, sugars and water.
Mykos protects your plants against drought & heat stress. As well as physically protecting roots by keeping harmful pathogens from making root contact. Mykos can also improve the soil structure both in clay soil and sandy soil. Mykos also helps break down organic compounds and convert them into plant available plant food.
Mykos has been used to break the last 9 World-Records for 'Xtreme plant growth, including a 2,230.5 lb. pumpkin in 2015! – in fact mycorrhizae is regularly used by competition growers to get their freakishly large yields.
How to use:
Make sure you select a type of mykos that’s compatible with your system
Use once at every transplant
Mykos granules can be applied at a rate of 1-2 teaspoons at the bottom of each planting hole. Or gently roll your propagation cube in granules to evenly coat them then transplant them as you normally would, making sure to backfill the hole appropriately.
Mykos Wettable Powder (WP) is very versatile. Just dissolve a tablespoon per 4l and apply to the rootzone of plants or directly to the reservoir. The fact the powder completely dissolves in water means it can be used in all recirculating systems, including aeroponics, NFT or dripper systems. You can even use Mykos WP as a root drench to inoculate your plants in soil or coco if you’ve forgotten to add mykos granules during transplant. If adding Mykos WP to a reservoir, make sure it’s kept oxygenated to keep the spores alive.
Mykos Root Packs are like a teabag that contains the mykos spores. Plant one at the bottom of transplant holes where the roots of plants will grow through the pack, getting inoculated on the way.
Never Use peroxide containing products alongside beneficial organisms – The peroxides will just kill your friendly army, so you’ll just be wasting money on products that aren’t compatible.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org