Air Pot - Air Pruning Plant Pots
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Revolutionary air pruning design creates a dense root system
- Air pruning avoids roots circling that can happen in standard plant pots
- Actively enhances the growth and health of plants
- Air pruning encourages the development of root mass
- Superior Aeration and drainage
- Pots can be reused for up to 10-years
What Are Air Pots?
Air-Pots are robust and use a perforated, dimpled, 100% recycled plastic with holes that expose the tips of roots to the outside atmosphere. This revolutionary design leads the growing tips towards the holes. Any roots that reach these holes are "air pruned".
What is Air Pruning?
Air pruning occurs naturally when your plant's roots are exposed to dry air, external to the growing medium or pot it is growing in. "Air pruning" is the process of roots naturally drying out and falling off. Air pruning causes more new roots to grow, further back along the main root. These growing tips absorb nutrients much better than established roots. Air pruning increases the amount of new hair-like, lateral roots, increasing the plant's access to nutrients. This leads to you growing stronger plants in a shorter space of time.
Air pruning reduces the number roots circling around the sides of the pot. This leads your plants to fill more of the available growing space inside the pot. More roots = more fruits.
In short, with an improved root system, your plant can access nutrients and water easier, leading to faster, stronger growth.
Air-Pot From Seed
The unique design of the Air Pot container transforms the quality of your plants right from germination. The ability to free drain combined with air pruning properties means seedlings are encouraged to create strong roots throughout entire pot. With a start like this, plants are set on a course for success.
Can I Move Air Pots With Plants In?
Air Pots are rigid and can be moved without disturbing the root zone. Due to their robust construction, Air Pots can last more than 10 years.
What Potting Compost Can I Use With Air Pots?
Air Pot technology is not limited to one type of media, such as soil, coco coir or clay pebbles. Air Pot's are compatible with any potting compost/medium, as well as hydroponic systems.
Garden tip: We recommend using the GrowDog range of Professional potting composts and nutrients. The media range includes professional potting mixes comprised of Soil and Perlite, 70/30 Coco and Perlite, and 60/40 Coco and Clay Pebbles.
Air Pot's are a horticultural revolution. Long-standing research and conservation projects, such as the Royal Botanical Gardens - Kew (Kew Gardens) and the Great British Garden at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, have utilised Air Pots to grow several species of plants and trees.
How Do I Build and Use Air Pots?
Building and using Air Pot's is easy, they're arrive flat packed and are simple to build and use. To build your Air Pot, lay everything out on a flat surface:
- 1. Situate the perforated black wrap with the end without holes at the opposite end where you intend to position the coloured base.
- 2. Wrap the perforated black plastic around the coloured base.
- 3. Fix the wrap in place with the included coloured screws.
- 4. Fill the pot with your chosen potting medium.
- 5. When you're finished with the pots, they are simple to deconstruct for easy storage.
Garden tip: We show the number of screws per pot below. If you wish to purchase more securing screws to use or keep as spares, see the Replacement Fixing Screws for Air Pots page.
Air Pot Size Guide
|Pot Capacity||Base Colour||Measurement||No. of Screws Per Pot|
|1 litre||Black base||ø 111 mm x height 150 mm||1x Dark Blue|
|3 litre||Orange base||ø 195mm x height 235 mm||1 x Light Blue|
|5 litre||Red base||ø 231 mm x height 255 mm|
|9 litre||Yellow base||ø 280 mm x height 270 mm||2x Light Blue|
|12.5 litre||Green base||ø 306 mm x height 295 mm|
|20 litre||Blue base||ø 354 mm x height 315 mm|
|38 litre||Black base||ø 428 mm x height 375 mm||3x Light Blue|
Air Pot Planter Ideas
Air-Pots make great seed trays and are perfect for herbs and salads. Used either in the greenhouse or outside the kitchen door, they can provide you with fresh organic greens all year.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org