GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost Mix
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Compaction resistant to encourage strong root development
- Perfect potting compost for fast-growing annuals
- Perfect organic mix of water retention, drainage, and aeration
- Great for refreshing the compost for container plants
- True 40-litre bags for easier handling and value for money
- Unique blend encourages fast and prolific growth
- Rich source of organic and mineral nutrition
- Added beneficial microbes and symbiotic mycorrhizal fungi facilitate fast root development for upward growth
What is GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost?
GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost mix is a professional multipurpose potting compost. It is perfect for using to grow fast-growing annuals. Use it in pots as an indoor soil, or in your greenhouse. You can also use it to incorporate into in beds or planting holes anywhere, to add nutrients and lighten heavy soils.
GrowDog Soil Perlite potting compost is pre-fertilised and enriched with natural soil improvers. This professional potting compost blend is made from a mix of premium, weed-free Irish blended peat and 20% perlite. This gives it the perfect balance of aeration, drainage, and moisture retention.
Use GrowDog Soil Perlite as a Potting Compost
Pre-fertilised & Enriched with Natural Soil Improvers
GrowDog Soil Perlite potting compost is a professional, multipurpose compost. It's enriched with natural humic soil improvers, base fertilisers, mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria. Best used as a potting compost for the fast development of young plants. This medium-to-heavy, slow-release, fertilised compost gives outstanding, and repeatable results. Use it safe in the knowledge that there's no immediate need for additional nutrients.
Garden tip: GrowDog Soil Perlite Compost mix contains enough plant-available nutrition to feed for 2–4 weeks before starting your feeding regime.
GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost Is Proven For Growing Huge, Healthy Plants
Use GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost if you want to grow plants that out-perform others, with repeatable results. GrowDog soil perlite compost is a professional potting media blend with proven results. It is perfect for growing hungry, fast-growing annuals.
GrowDog Soil Perlite compost for potting includes beneficial microorganisms, promoted to grow thanks to the high water retention, which provides beneficial microorganisms a source of food and water. The strong aeration qualities of the substrate also provides aerobic beneficial microorganisms, and your plant's roots improved access to oxygen to breathe.
GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost Improves Flavour Profiles
Being organic and biodynamic, GrowDog's Soil Perlite Potting Compost mix enables you to elevate crop flavour profiles to the next level. It encourages strong growth and allows your plants to reach their true genetic potential. Using GrowDog compost will bring stunning results to your garden. The added beneficial microorganisms and symbiotic mycorrhizal fungi work to expand the area of the roots throughout the entire media. This unique relationship is found in nature and is offered to bring you the same natural benefits. This soil is an easy-to-use potting compost suited to gardening inside or outside.
Garden tip: Pair the GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost mix with air pruner pots to provide your plant's roots with an unrestricted environment for unparalleled growth. More roots = More fruits!
The GrowDog Soil Perlite Compost blend also acts to insulate your plant's roots, helping to protect it against cooler, winter temperatures. For the best results, we recommend using tube heaters and wireless thermostats along with a air movement dan to help maintain a consistent growing environment for your plants.
Garden tip: Generally speaking, indoor plants perform their best when you maintain daylight growing temperatures around 25C (77F), and ensure nighttime temperatures don't dip below 18C (64F).
Suitable Growing Systems for GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost
In general, the GrowDog soil perlite potting compost works best with infrequent watering. This professional quality potting mix has excellent drainage properties. We recommend that you soak the entire media, then let your pots dry out before you feed again; maintain an oscillating wet and dry cycle.
If you're using a re-circulating system with GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost, we recommend using a suitable filter. Smaller particles can soon clog feed and/or return lines.
If you're using GrowDog soil perlite potting mix with a dripper system, we recommend that you water the media thoroughly. Then allow the media to dry before feeding well again at the next feed.
Hand Watering Containers & Pots
If you're using hand watering GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost, we recommend that you water the media thoroughly. Then allow the media to dry before feeding well again at the next feed.
Using GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost
This professional potting compost mix uses 20% perlite to add exceptional drainage and water retention properties. We recommend that once you feed your plants, you let the pots dry out before feeding again. In nature, soil-grown plants are exposed to a natural oscillating wet and dry cycle.
The bags can become compacted during transportation. Before decanting the substrate into your growing vessel, we suggest you fluff up the medium and break up any larger bits. You can do this while the bag is closed by tapping the sides like how you would fluff up a pillow.
For the Best Results Pair GrowDog Soil Perlite With GrowDog Nutrients & Boosters
For the best results, we recommend using the GrowDog range of nutrients and boosters.
Garden tip: Ensure that any nutrient you use with GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting compost is formulated to use with soil.
Do I Need To Change The Compost in Containers and Pots Every Year?
It is best practice to replace the compost in containers and pots every year. Giving your plants fresh GrowDog potting compost provides them with fresh nutrients that they can access right away. Being pre-fertilized makes GrowDog Soil Perlite Potting Compost perfect for refreshing your container and potted plants. It's light enough to make it easy to work with and suits the vast majority of plants.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com