GrowDog 70/30 Coco Perlite Blend 40L
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Compaction resistant
- Perfect mix of water retention, drainage, and aeration
- Pre-washed, pre-buffered and pH stabilised
- High cation exchange capacity for rapid nutrient uptake
- Almost impossible to over-water
- Completely sterilized, organic substrate
- Peat free compost alternative
What Is GrowDog 70/30 Coco Perlite Blend 40L?
GrowDog 70/30 Coco Perlite Blend 40L is a modern substrate that combines the performance of Coco with the added aeration and drainage of perlite.
Garden tip: GrowDog 70/30 coco pebble mix is a peat-free compost alternative growing media.
This pre-mixed, pre-washed, 70/30 coco and perlite growing media provides a natural balance of water retention, aeration, and drainage. These same physical processes encourage beneficial microorganisms.
GrowDog 70/30 is an inert substrate, it doesn't contain any plant nutrition on its own and requires plant food dissolved into a nutrient solution.
Combining coco and perlite allows you to feed more aggressively than with straight coco. Optimal watering regimes provide your plant constant access to nutrients and aeration, so they grow faster.
For the best results, pair with air pruner pots to provide roots an unrestricted environment for unparalleled growth. More roots = More fruits!
Why Use GrowDog 70/30 Coco Perlite Blend?
Use GrowDog 70/30 Coco Perlite in Sub Optimal Conditions
This coco perlite blend will insulate plant roots and can help to protect against cooler, winter temperatures. Coco retains less water than soil, so it could allow you to grow in sub-optimal environments. For the best results, we recommend maintaining a consistent growing environment for your plants. Generally speaking, maintain daylight growing temperatures around 25C (77F) and nighttime temperatures no lower than 18C (64F).
Water Carrying Capacity
Coco is mostly made up of fine particles that create micropores that hold on to water. Perlite is made of coarse, irregular particles which introduce macropores in the substrate, allowing aeration. This compaction-resistant blend provides optimal water retention, drainage, and aeration properties.
Strong aeration qualities is an essential property for any growing media. Ensuring air flow to the root zone is essential for plant health. Roots require access to oxygen for strong, healthy growth. This is considered one of the basic requirements to support a successful crop.
On its own, coco coir retains a lot of water and is easy to over-water. Including perlite in the blend allows excess water to drain from the substrate, helping to prevent over-watering. The coco holds enough nutrient solution between feeds to sustain healthy, luscious growth.
Suitable Coco Perlite Watering Systems
- Ensure you completely soak the entire medium each feed.
- Use a nutrient that’s been formulated for Coco. Coco can sometimes absorb CalMag while releasing sodium & potassium; Coco specific nutrients compensate for this exchange.
- If you're using a re-circulating system, we recommend using a suitable filter. Smaller particles can soon clog feed and/or return lines.
Dripper systems: This coco perlite mix is best fed little and often. A dripper system is perfect for this. If you're using a re-circulating system, we recommend fitting a filter. The smaller pieces of coco can soon clog feed and/or return lines.
Hand watering: At the most basic level, you can hand water your plants, the drainage capabilities of coco prevents over-watering. Always avoid nutrient reabsorption from pots/containers sitting in any runoff.
How Do I Use GrowDog 70/30 Coco/Perlite Blend?
The bags can become compacted during transportation. Before decanting the substrate into your growing vessel, we suggest you fluff up the medium and break up any larger bits. You can do this while the bag is closed by tapping the sides like how you would fluff up a pillow. More information is available on our blog.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org