Optilux 600W HPS Digital Light Kit
- Complete Digital 600w light fixture.
- HPS Lamp / Euro Reflector / 600w Digital Ballast.
- Ready to plug and play.
- Silent Running – no buzzing or humming.
- 4 dim options; 250w – 660w.
- CE, FCC, UL & ROHS approved
The Optilux 600 W Digital Light Kit comes complete and ready to plug and play – Just connect all the components and it’s ready to light up!
All components have been specifically designed for use with each other. The Kit includes:
- Optilux euro reflector: A lightweight, open ended, highly polished dimpled reflector
- Optilux 600 W Digital ballast: Regulates the power your lamp receives
- Optilux HPS Lamp: Suitable for vegetative and flowering phases
This kit is perfect for those embarking on a hydroponic project as well as larger operations that are looking to expand on a budget, representing great value for money for any size garden.
The majority of light emitted from the HPS lamp is in the red and yellow spectrum. This provides your plants precisely what they need for strong, rapid development throughout both the fruiting and flowering stages.
Euro reflectors are a staple amongst indoor growers, they’re wide angled and open ended so there won’t be any heat building up under the shade allowing you to get the reflector closer to your canopy without negative side affects. Euro reflectors are made from a highly reflective anodised aluminium that’s hammered and dimpled to eradicate hot spots and provide even light distribution.
Digital verses Magnetic Ballasts
Digital ballasts are far superior than their magnetic counterparts. They weigh less, operate quieter, use less electricity and prolong the life of your bulb through soft-start and surge protection. A major benefit of digital ballasts is their adjustable nature. This means don’t have to buy any other ballast if you want to run different wattage lamps, within the ballasts capability.
How to Use Your Optilux 600 W Magnetic Ballast
WARNING: Ensure you remove any protective plastic layers from the reflector before you operate any lights.
Elongate the life of your bulb by wearing gloves to keep it clean and free from dirt and grease.
- Hang the reflector using suitable hangers.
- Wearing a suitable glove, fit the lamp into the reflector.
- Connect the lamp lead to the ballast and connect the ballast to a mains outlet* and you’re ready to go!
*For electrical safety, we always recommend using a suitable contactor to handle the initial power surge and control the on/off switching of the light fixture.
To maintain consistent results, change your bulbs in 4 - 6 month intervals or once every complete cycle to keep output as high as possible.
We recommend mounting your ballast outside your room – place them above waist level to reduce the chances of moisture getting near the units. If you’re sitting them in your room place them on wooden blocks or bricks to allow some air movement around the unit.
Take a look at our Light hangers to choose which hanger to suspend your lights with.