Propagation Air Pruner Plant Pots
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Perfect start to your plant’s life
- Perfect for Pre-veg in tight spaces
- Creates a super strong root system
- Superior to plastic pots
- Supercharge growth rates through pre-veg
Start your young plants in the best way possible
When moving on from propagation into pre-veg, growers are trying to build a strong root mass that will fuel above-ground growth. Usually, growers will ‘pot up’ to a small size pot (0.5l – 4l) to achieve a strong root ball before potting on to your final pots.
We recommend vegging plants in these pots from anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks to achieve a strong root mass, enabling a dense, fibrous network of roots that will colonise much more of your final pot, making more use of the available space and substrate.
Roots act as the powerhouse for energy storage and nutrient absorption. Successful gardeners set the stage for flower long before flipping to 12/12. More roots = more fruits.
For ease of use, you can just place the propagation pots into the final pot, the fabric will allow the roots to grow through the pot making full use of the available space. If you want to ‘tradtionally pot’ by taking it out of the container, we recommend giving the sides a squeeze to create some room so the root ball slides out of the pouch easier.
Benefits of Air Pruner fabric propagation pots
1. Air Root PruningThe largest benefit of our air pruning pots is its air pruning capability, which results in healthier roots below ground which can provide more nutrients and water to the plant above ground. With traditional plastic pots, the plant's roots will reach the edge of the container and be forced to circle the container in search of a friendlier environment. As these roots circle, minimal lateral branching will occur, resulting in poor nutrient uptake and cause the roots to quickly become root bound.
What makes the fabric Air Pruner Pots so unique is when the plant roots reach the container's edge, its laterally branching roots grow through the porous fabric, and when they meet the air on the outside of the pot, they are naturally pruned. This pruning process creates a more dense, fibrous root system that’s a lot more productive in the uptake of water and nutrients, resulting in a healthier, more robust plant that utilizes the entire root zone for optimum plant growth.
The breathable, porous fabric pot allows air to enter the root zone from all surfaces of the container. This aeration provides a healthy environment for the roots as well as supports beneficial microorganisms and bacteria. This aeration provides oxygen to the roots, which is essential for the metabolic process in taking up minerals and nutrients. Oxygen is also necessary to diffuse carbon dioxide away from the roots caused by the respiration of root cells and microorganisms. Roots without adequate access to oxygen will result in weak plants that exhibit stunted growth and are much more likely to fall sick to pests and diseases.
A common problem with traditional plastic containers is poor drainage leading to anaerobic condition that result in soil borne diseases like Phytophthora, Fusarium and Pythium, responsible for devastating root rot. Due to the breathable, porous fabric, excess water can easily drain from the container, keeping moisture at an ideal level for healthy plant growth.
4. Temperature Control
The construction of fabric Air Pruner pots allows air to penetrate the sides of the container, keeping it cool when exposed to direct sun on hot summer days or the intense light of an indoor grow light, through the process of evaporative cooling. Plants will be less stressed during uncontrollable heat spikes such as heat waves, as well as better insulated against cold floors.
5. Quality & Durability
Air Pruners give horticulturalists a single, extremely durable solution for all fabric-pot needs and growing environments. Perfect drainage and aeration allow optimal water and nutrient uptake, yielding rapid, optimal plant growth throughout each growth cycle. The fabric also allows air to easily reach your plants’ root zones, delivering superior drainage and creating a healthy, fibrous root environment.
The porous material is reinforced with high-quality, high-strength thread. The pruner pots strong stitching allows the container to withstand constant moisture and prolonged UV exposure while retaining its self-supporting form and structural integrity, even in challenging climatic conditions including during irrigation and transport. The container’s handles on the larger sizes make it easy to quickly and safely move your plants.
In testing, the stitching is so strong, the fabric gave in to the stress of load rather than the stitching. We’re confident that these pots can cope with the heaviest substrate, even when wet!
6. In Hydroponic applications
You’re probably familiar with air pruning pots being used to grow impressive soil and coco based plants but when used indoors, not only do you have the unique combination of air root pruning and aeration of the root zone, but fabric air pruning pots are the ideal container for some of the most popular hydroponic systems (Ebb-n-flow; Drip circulating; bottom fed) because nutrients and air can easily pass in and out of the porous fabric. The fabric can be used like a filter during the drain cycle, allowing only the nutrient solution back to the reservoir. This gives the grower the option to use peat, coco, soil and many other medium without clogging lines or pumps. Our fabric Air Pruner pots can be washed and reused for many cycles.
The average fabric pot can be reused for up to 4-5 cycles indoors or up to 3 years outdoors. The durable fabric allows washing, and the marine-grade stitching keeps the Pots strong no matter the environment.
Air Pruner Fabric Propagation Pots Technical specs
|Air pruning Pot 1L
|Air pruning Pot 2L
How to Use:
Air Pruners are perfect for growing plants of any species to any size, they'll fit seamlessly into your current grow room with few, if any, changes to your normal regime in plastic pots. Plants in Air Pruners are easy to transport.
If hand watering fabric Air Pruner pots, it’s recommended to keep a saucer or tray under your plants as when hand watering for best results you want to give a 20% run off during the wet cycle to ensure the entire medium is wet - keep saucers under your plants or trays for a larger number of plants, as without them, this run-off would simply flow onto your floor and flood your room each time you water.
Never let Air Pruners sit in their run off.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service
|Two Day Service
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com