Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Rockwool slabs are perfect for drip irrigation systems
- Rockwool can be used in conjunction with Danish Base Trays/Aqua Trays for optimal growing
- Structurally stable growing environment
- Perfect balance of moisture retention and aeration
What Are Rockwool Slabs?
Rockwool Slabs provide the perfect balance between moisture retention and aeration. This makes them perfect for a number of hydroponic growing systems. Rockwool slabs are perfect to use in a drip irrigation system, used in conjunction with Aqua Trays or Danish Base Trays.
Rockwool Slabs In any application
The real secret to growing success lies in using the right tool for the job. Techniques and equipment vary across small, home-based herb, and microgreens garden, to colossal commercial poly tunnels. No matter where you grow, there's a place for Rockwool Slabs. The “slab growing” method is used primarily by commercial farmers, working with large scale crop production. They use Rockwool Slabs for anything from high-yield vegetables to large scale flower production. In fact, slab growing has been a mainstay in the commercial horticultural industry for many years.
Rockwool slabs provide the optimal rooting environment for growing. Not only will the slabs provide a structurally stable growing environment, but they are also ideally suited to efficient irrigation and drainage techniques. They help you provide your plants with a nutrition and oxygenated environment, helping them to stay healthy throughout the season.
How Do I Use Rockwool Slabs?
Before you place your plant in Rockwool slabs, immerse the slabs in a nutrient solution adjusted to pH 5.5 until it stops bubbling. Doing this allows the nutrient solution to infiltrate all the tiny pores in the Rockwool, ready for your plant to access.
Garden tip: Use a pH up and pH down adjustment solution to adjust the pH of the nutrient solution.
Once you've soaked and pH stabilised the Rockwool Slabs, you can transplant your plants to the slabs. Many people use timed dripper systems with Rockwool Slabs with great success.
It's important not to overwater Rockwool. You should allow for 15-30% run off after every feed, in order to maintain optimal nutritional conditions in the root zone. Any more than this and you are at risk of overwatering, which can lead to algae growth.
Can I Reuse Rockwool Slabs?
You can reuse Rockwool or shred and compost it. It is made from crushed Basalt. Basalt is a rock. Crushed rock makes for a brilliant addition to any potting mix. Do not reuse Rockwool to start plants in, or repeatedly grow the same crops in rotation.
If you have issues with old roots remaining within the Rockwool, try treating them with an enzyme solution, such as GrowDog Exotic Enzymes, which works to break down old roots and convert them into plant accessible nutrients.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com