LightWave T5 Grow Lights
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- The perfect colour temperature for plants
- Reduced heat output allows closer positioning to plants
- LightWave T5 lights take up minimal space
- Hang vertically or horizontally
- Perfect for mother plants and propagating
- On-board ballast; plug and play installation
- Used as plant, Terrariums, and Aquarium lights
What Are LightWave T5 Grow Lights?
LightWave T5 grow lights are an awesome low-power light fixture that offers many uses across multiple applications. T5 lights are designed for use in high humidity environments, like grow rooms, propagation tents and grow tents, but are also highly suited to use as terrarium, and aquarium lights.
We have many customers that use LightWave T5 grow lights for Terrariums to replicate the natural environment for reptiles and living plants. Other customers use the flexible lights to provide natural light levels and times for freshwater aquariums, saltwater aquariums, and tropical aquariums to provide a natural aquarium light spectrum for fish, plants, and coral in living aquariums.
LightWave T5 Use Cases
- Indoor gardeners use LightWave T5 light fixtures to propagate and grow plants in smaller grow spaces or where height is an issue. T5's are perfect for seedlings, cuttings, and mother plants. Whatever size of garden, and however many cuttings, or seedlings you need, there'll be a perfect size of fixture for you.
- Zookeepers use LightWave T5 lights to illuminate reptile enclosures. With a variety of sizes and light spectrums available, Zookeepers can tailor the light they need to provide for living plants and reptiles. Paired with lighting timers and controllers they can provide the natural day/night periods to match the environment the reptiles need.
- Aquariums: LightWave T5 light fixtures are recommended for Aquariums to provide the correct light spectrum for planted aquariums. Using T5's provides a lower lighting level, which lowers the requirement for CO2 and fertilization. They also lower the risk of an algae outbreak. Using T5 lights with lighting timers and controllers allows aquarium owners to provide the required photo-periods for the fish and any plant life in the aquarium. The ability to buy different light spectrum bulbs allows aquarium keepers to create the right light spectrum for the fish and plant life in their living aquarium.
Garden tip: Using a TrolMaster with its various sensors to control peripheral controllers, allows you to control any environmental need. TrolMaster is sold as a grow tent environmental controller, but can be used to control any environmental need across many applications. TrolMaster is able to monitor attached devices to control lighting day & night times, humidity levels, and temperature amongst many other common applications required for the upkeep of plants and other living organisms.
What Tubes Are Available For LightWave T5 Grow Lights?
As LightWave T5 units are intended mainly for propagating plants, they're shipped with blue tubes (Cool Daylight 6400 Kelvin). During our in-house testing, we noticed healthier growth by swapping out a blue tube with a red (2700k) bulb for a more balanced spectrum.
Garden tip: If you're using this unit for flowering, use it in the opposite configuration; using mostly red, 2700k bulbs, with one or two blue, 6400k bulbs.
Why Do People Use LightWave T5 Grow Lights?
If you require a fluorescent alternative for all stages of your plant’s growth, the LightWave T5 is a proven option. It's proven itself time and time again and revolutionised multiple Hydroponic setups. Many indoor gardeners use them with great success during the propagation phase. These superb grown lights consistently produce even plants with profuse, bushy growth, helping plants to develop thick stems, with short internodes.
As spare light tubes are cheap to buy and easy to replace, unlike other fluorescent lights, the LightWave T5 can be utilised during any part of the plant’s lifecycle, and produce strong mature plants.
Using LightWave T5 Lights In Confined Areas
LightWave T5 lights are perfect if you want an indoor garden, but have height limitations. T5 lights run cool, with little residual heat produced. This means that foliage can grow extremely close to the fixture before negative effects creep in.
Uniform low-intensity light
T5 lights produce an even, uniform low-intensity light. This avoids hot spots and makes them perfect to promote even growth on young plants in grow tents, terrariums, and aquariums.
Easy to Fit & Simple To Use
LightWave fixtures have convenient steel hanging wires that won't corrode in the humid atmosphere of an indoor garden, Terrarium, or Aquarium.
|LightWave T5||Wattage||Lumens||Coverage area||Dimensions|
|2ft 2-tube||48||3300||0.6 x 0.4m||60 x 23 x 6cm|
|2ft 4-tube||96||6600||0.9 x 0.6m||60 x 27 x 6cm|
|4ft 4-tube||216||16600||1.2 x 0.6m||119 x 36.5 x 6cm|
|4ft 8-tube||432||33200||1.2 x 1.2m||119 x 64 x 6cm|
How Do I Use The LightWave T5 Lights?
LightWave T5's are really easy to install, and are sold as "plug & play" fluorescent light fixtures.
To use your LightWave T5 lights, simply hang the T5 light with ratchet hangers in the centre of your intended space. Plug the unit into a suitable 240V plug socket and switch it on.
Garden tip: To use the T5 to grow or propagate plants, position the fixture between 15 cm (6") to 30 cm (12" above the plant canopy.
Use the LightWave T5 lights with timers and controllers for the best results to give your plants, reptiles/terrarium, and living aquarium/fish the right amount of light for the required amount of time to replicate their natural environment.
Power Saving With LightWave T5 Grow Lights
If you ever need to save power or 'turn down' your T5 light fixture to run on less power, simply rotate individual bulbs to turn them off. Each 60 cm (2') bulb uses 24W, so you'll save 24W per bulb that goes off. The 120 cm (4') units use 54w for each bulb in use.
|Dimensions (L x W x D)||LightWave T5 2ft 2-tube (600 x 230 x 60mm) - LightWave T5 2ft 4-tube (600 x 370 x 60mm) - LightWave T5 4ft 4-tube (1190 x 365 x 60mm) - LightWave T5 4ft 8-tube (1190 x 640 x 60mm)|
|T5 Tubes||Blue/White(6500k) For Vegetative Growth - Warmer/Redder (2700K) For Flowering Plants|
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org