SMSCOM Twin Fan Controllers MK2
Order in the next 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds for dispatch today.
- Control both your intake and extraction fans
- Optimise grow room temperature
- Optimise negative air pressure
- Very smooth fan speed adjustment
- No need to adjust fan speeds yourself, the controller does it for you
- 2 sizes to suit any garden.
What is the SMSCOM Twin Fan Controller MK2?
The SMSCOM Twin Controller MK2 is a compact, ventilation fan controller that allows you to control up to 2 fans. The SMSCOM Twin Controller MK2 is electronically controlled and uses MOTION FLOW software and a temperature probe to control the speed of your fans. The software learns the appropriate fan speeds to maintain the set temperature. The MOTION FLOW software reduces temperature fluctuations and minimalises fan noise.
This twin fan controller allows you to set your desired room temperature using the temperature dial. You'll set your maximum fan speed choosing between 60% to 100% and set the minimum speed choosing between 20% to 60%.
The probe provides a simple, accurate method for the correct temperature of your room. Position the temperature probe, where you want the temperature reading (usually near the canopy). The SMSCOM Twin Controller MK2 continuously regulates the temperature by changing the fan speed to preserve the set temperature. The two power outlets can control the In and / or exhaust fans supplying a maximum current of 4.5 or 7 Amps.
How Do I Use The SMSCOM Twin Fan Controller Mk2?
The following procedure covers a typical set up for your SMSCOM Twin Fan Controller Mk2:
- 1. Connect fans to the 240 V sockets on the front of the unit.
- 2. Set the minimum fan speed using the MINIMUM FAN SPEED dial.
- 3. Set the temperature using the temperature dial.
- 4. Set the maximum fan speed using the MAXIMUM FAN SPEED dial.
- 5. Position the Temperature probe in the middle of the grow room, ensuring it's not in the main air flow
- 6. Plug the fan controller into the mains and switch the mains supply socket on.*
*When the twin controller is first switched on, it enters a 5 minute calibration mode. During the calibration, it scans the room to find the correct fan speeds. During this time, the fans will run faster and slower as the controller senses and sets the range for any connected fans.
Why Do I Need A Fan Speed Controller?
If you want to control your growing temperatures with a greater degree of accuracy, you'll need to do better than having your fans running on full power at all times. Depending on the time of year, and when the lights go out, temperature swings can be wild enough to affect how your plants grow. For example, if you have your ventilation system running full on during lights out period in winter, grow room temperatures can quickly drop and affect the metabolism of your plants. Purple stems are a good indicator of cold root zone temperatures humidity and condensation issues can soon materialise too - using a suitable tube heater to stabilize the temperature, timed to come on before the lights go out can help to avoid this issue. The opposite can be the case in summer with when higher temperatures are more apparent. In either case, using a fan controller to control your fans speed, based on a set and constantly measured temperature, will help you to maintain better growing conditions for your plants.
Why Is Temperature Important?
The temperature of your grow room directly relates to how much (or little) your plant needs to transpire, and metabolise. Unfortunately, these two things conflict with each other slightly. The higher the temperature the quicker your plant can metabolise, photosynthesise and make more energy to ultimately yield more flowers. The hotter the grow room is, the more the plant needs to cool itself. At a certain point the plant won't be able to adequately cool itself and will suffer as a result. Keeping on top of your growing climate will help you avoid heat-stress related issues like wilting, tip burn or leaf drop.
Controlling the temperature to a point where the plants metabolism is nice and high, and it can still comfortably cool itself is the aim of the game when it comes to controlling your grow room environment. A fan speed controller makes the perfect choice when wanting to gain more control over your environment, in the day and night period.
What Should I Look Out For When Using My SMSCOM Twin Fan Controller?
If you use the SMSCOM Twin Fan Controller Mk2 to control an intake and an outtake fan at the same time, make sure you match the size of the intake fan appropriately, so you do not end up with a positive air pressure inside your grow room. If you're unsure, call our helpful experts for the right advice.
Always monitor your temperatures with a separate thermostat to double check that everything is running according to plan. You will need to adjust your settings over time as your plants grow.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)||FREE|
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£6.95|
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*||£4.95|
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service||£8.95|
|Two Day Service||£18.95|
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service||£20.95|
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service||£16.95|
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org