600W HPS Digital Light Kit
- A complete digital 600 W light kit
- HPS lamp / euro reflector / 600 W digital ballast
- Plug & play operation
- Silent running – no buzzing or humming
- 4x dim options ranging from 250 W, 400 W, 600 W & 660 W boost
What is The 600 W HPS Digital Light Kit?
This plug and play 600 W digital light kit provides you with great value for money. The kit includes a 600 W digital ballast, 600 W High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lamp and a euro reflector (all power cables included). Once you fit the components together and connect the mains supply, you'll be growing in no time.
NOTE: If you don't already have suitable hangers, you'll need to add some to your order.
All parts supplied in this digital light kit are high-quality and carefully selected for compatibility.
For electrical safety, we recommend using your lights with a suitable contactor. Contactors work to handle the initial power surge at lights on. They also control the on/off switching of the light fixture using professional Grasslin timers. Depending on the contactor, they can activate a heater to help avoid issues with heat stress and condensation or provide power for extraction fans.
What Do I Get With The 600 W HPS Digital Light Kit?
This 600 W HPS digital light kit is suitable for use in any size garden. The kit offers growers an affordable lighting system without compromising on performance. It is also well-suited to larger operations that are looking to expand on a budget.
The Kit comes complete with all the components you'll need to light your indoor growing space, including:
- Euro reflector: A lightweight, open-ended, highly polished dimpled reflector with long power lead that connects to the ballast
- 600 W digital ballast: Regulates the power your lamp receives
- HPS lamp: Suitable for vegetative and flowering phases
Euro reflectors are a staple amongst indoor growers, they’re wide angled and open-ended, so there won’t be any heat building up under the shade, allowing you to get the reflector closer to your canopy without negative side effects. Euro reflectors are made from a highly reflective anodised aluminium that’s hammered and dimpled to eradicate hot spots and provide even light distribution. The long power lead allows you to connect to the digital ballast and keep it outside the growing space.
600 W Digital Ballast
The 600 W digital ballast is perfect for powering the supplied 600 W HPS lamp. Digital ballasts work to control the voltage and current supplied to your lamp through soft-start and surge protection. It manages the power to avoid the lamp overheating too quickly and exploding. The digital ballast is capable of controlling HPS and HID lights to 600 W. 4 dim options; 250 W, 400 W, 600 W & 660 W boost, allow you to configure the supplied lamp to your growing needs. It comes supplied with a 1.5 metre cable, allowing you to place your ballast around your power source. You'll connect the euro reflector, which has a longer cable, allowing you to position it exactly where you need it.
You will see better results by purchasing a lamp for the exact lower wattage you intend to drive it at.
CAUTION: Never run a bulb at a higher wattage than it’s been designed for. It may explode, with potential for personal injury.
600 W HPS Lamp
The 600 W High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lamp supplied with this value light kit emits red and blue spectrum light. This means it's the only light source you'll need throughout all stages of your plant's life cycle. It works to provide your plants the light they need for strong, rapid development throughout the vegetative and flowering/fruiting stages.
What is the Benefit of Digital versus Magnetic Ballasts?
Digital ballasts offer many benefits over their magnetic counterparts. The newer technology is lighter, operates quieter and cooler, prolongs the life of your bulb through soft-start and surge protection. A major benefit of digital ballasts is their adjustable nature. Digital ballasts also allow you to run different wattage lamps, as long as they are within the ballasts capability.
How Do I Set Up My 600 W Digital Ballast?
To elongate the life of your bulb, wear gloves to avoid hotspots. Hotspots occur when you handle the bulb without gloves on and transfer dirt and grease from your hands to the bulb.
To set up your digital light kit:
- 1. Remove protective plastic layers from the reflector before you operate any lights.
- 2. Hang the reflector using suitable hangers.
- 3. Wearing suitable gloves, fit the lamp into the reflector.
- 4. Connect the lamp lead to the ballast and connect the ballast to a mains outlet, and you’re ready to go.
To maintain consistent results, change your bulbs in 4 – 6-month intervals or once every complete cycle to keep light output as high as possible.
CAUTION: For safety reasons, we recommend situating your digital ballast outside your grow room.
Where possible, situate electrical items above waist level to reduce the chances of water coming into contact with them. If you’re situating the ballast in your room, place them high enough to reduce the risk of water coming into contact with them.
NOTE: Stock levels do vary, in the unlikely event that we're out of stock of one of the kit components, we'll send you an equivalent or better replacement.
Our UK Mainland delivery service is provided by Parcelforce Worldwide.
NOTE: For anyone outside of the UK (i.e. Republic of Ireland and the EU) you are free to arrange your own courier service. To order from us using your own courier, complete your purchase from our website, and select "Collect from our Warehouse — Chigwell". This is where you can arrange your own courier to collect your item(s) from. Address details are available on the Contacts page.
Standard UK mainland orders over £50.00 are eligible for a free standard next working day delivery service (Mon – Fri)*.
- *Free delivery includes orders up to, and not exceeding, 30kg, that fit in a single, standard shipping box.
- *Free delivery may exclude orders containing one or more large volume items. Examples of large volume items are, but are not limited to, bags of media (clay balls, perlite, soil etc.).
- *Free delivery excludes Garden Power Tools.
- *Large items are sent via a standard 48L (48 hour large) service. Large items take from 2 working days to arrive.
Where possible, orders received by 2:30pm Mon – Fri are dispatched the same day. (*Excluding Garden Power Tools).
Where possible, Garden Power Tool orders are dispatched the same day when received by 11:00am Mon – Fri. Orders after 11:00am are usually dispatched the next working day
UK mainland orders after 2:30pm Mon - Fri are subject to next working day dispatch:
- For example, orders after 2:30pm on a Friday are dispatched on the next working day, usually a Monday.
UK Mainland Pallet deliveries are charged separately per pallet. They are usually delivered in 2-3 working days. Please contact us for the latest cost price.
Our shipping providers terms and conditions limit our ability to send some products internationally. See our list of restricted items.
All prices shown below are per parcel with a maximum weight of 30 kg per parcel. Items over 30 kg are split into multiple boxes and charged per box.
Future Garden are not liable for any additional fees that may be incurred. Any unexpected costs must be paid by you (the customer).
Delivery services provided online are estimates. There may be unforeseen delays with your order, especially around our busiest time of year. Very busy periods can see very high volumes of parcels being collected, processed and delivered. If you have a special delivery requirement, please contact us via email - email@example.com before placing your order.
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders over £50 <30 kg)
|Standard Next Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
|Standard 2-3 Working Day (Orders under £50 max. 30 kg per parcel)*
Isle of Wight
|Next Day Service
|Two Day Service
Isle of Man & Scilly Isles
|Two Day Service
Scottish Highlands & Islands
|Two Day Service
Sorry, no online quotes are available for orders outside of Europe. If you would like to place an order for delivery outside of Europe, email us directly and we can prepare a bespoke quote for you based on the weight, dimensions and destination country for the most accurate cost and quickest delivery times to you.
As per the Consumer Contract Regulations June 2014, you can return goods and receive a full refund under the following conditions:
- You have had the goods delivered within seven working days of delivery from Future Garden Ltd, this starts from the day after the goods have been signed for.
- The items are unopened and in the original condition as when they were delivered to you.
- The items have developed a fault during standard use.
- The items are within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Please ensure that any parcels delivered are intact and free from damage and unopened, if they appear to show any damage please make a note when signing for the goods, alternatively you can refuse delivery of these items, however only full refusal if multiple parcels will be accepted, in the unlikely event this occurs please contact us asap on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check all items once unboxed to ensure that they are not damaged and are fully functioning, if this is not the case please ensure you notify us as soon as you can, or within the given returns policy time frame, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com we will then arrange suitable collection and replacements where necessary.
- If any items appear not to be functioning as expected, do not attempt to fix or tamper with any products, this could affect your statutory rights, please notify us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a suitable replacement.
- If you notice any irregularities with your order, please notify us as soon as possible or within 7 working days, on 020 8502 7722 or by email email@example.com will endeavour to correct and refund where possible.
- You can return any unwanted items, you can return the item(s) to us unopened and intact in a re-sellable condition within 14 working days after the day of receiving the goods, we are unable to accept any goods back that have been opened or the seal(s) have been broken or have been damaged, unless reported as damaged in transit, you can contact us on 020 8502 7722 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org